My followers

zaterdag 8 januari 2022

Speira Miniatures Plague Doctor

This post start with a little story. You must know that I've painted this figure as a gift for my wife. Strange gift for the one you love I see you thinking, but it isn't. You must know that my wife reads all about the plague, see documentaries and so on, because she likes to know how the people lived in those days and how they fought against it. And last year I saw this figure on the Speira Miniatures website and I really wanted it for her. It is a 3D printed figure in 54 mm (you can choose the scale you want). I choosed this scale because I had an idea how I could present it to her. Pictures will make that clear. 

The figure is painted with acrylic ppaint of Revell, Games Workshop and Vallejo. I had to restart painting the figure once because I spotted some little tips of the printing on places where they shouldn't be. Luckely I had it finished just in time for Christmas Eve. And now the pictures:

Picture borrowed from the
Speira Miniatures Website.

Here are two pictures from a museum in Geel Belgium wich I used as example to paint the figure. More information of this museum you can find here: Gasthuismuseum












And here is how I presented it at her:






And yes she was very pleased with the very original present. It was also the first time in about 35 years we are together that I've painted a figure for her.

Hope you like him to.

Thanks for watching and keep it safe!

Painted in 2022:

- 20 mm:

    - Figures: 6

    - Horses: 2

    - Cannons: 1

- 54 mm

    - Figures: 1

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Fantastic work & paint-job Peter !
    I'm sure your wife is very happy with her present.
    I'm glad to see you paint more ... keep up the great work !
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! And yes she was very happy with it!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. What a truly unique present and wonderfully painted Peter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Highly impressive, one of your most original and best works, in my opinion. COngratulations :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Phil! And you're giving me to much honour!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. That's a competition standard my friend!! You expanded your limits here :) A real piece of art!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you very much George! You're giving me to much honour!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen