My followers

dinsdag 9 januari 2024

Airfix WW2 US Infantry

First post of the year, so I wish everyone a very good and healthy year. And lots of modelling fun of course! 

These Airfix figures are produced in 2009-2016 (http://www.airfix132.de/hornby_2009.html) and are made of hard plastic and not in soft plastic like the older ones. After a good wash I painted them with acrylic paints. Seven poses, but there seems to be another officer pose. I made a base for the figure with the bazooka with a plastic sheet.





I hope you like them and so I'm started in this year. Here is the box art and pictures of the unpainted figures. 





Thanks for watching!

Painted in 2024

- 20 mm:

    - Figures: 0

    - Horses: 0

    - Cannons: 0

    - Wagons: 0

- 28 mm

    - Figures: 0

- 54 mm

    - Figures: 7

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Peter ! A very happy & healthy new year !
    The mini's look great ! Great work !
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Mario!
      And also for you a happy and healthy 2024!
      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. That is..not good. Some of the guys are clearly wearing M-1943 jackets, the box art even depicts it and the colour it should be, olive green. You seem to have painted all the jackets as 1941 versions.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you for this information Sam. I didn't look for the historical correctness of these figures and how to paint them. I just followed the first painting suggestion on the back of the box. And I find that they look good and that is the most important thing for me.
      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Hi Peter, very nice series of figures! Since I have the same on my todo list, yours will be a source of inspiration :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. And, don't know why, I tried to post a comment 2 days ago, impossible. And today it seems ok.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen