My followers

donderdag 22 januari 2015

My own army!

Just a small post. And only two figures! These figures were actually painted for a duel on Benno's Figures Forum. But for some reason the duel never took place. So I decided that it was time that I show them here.

The figures are from the Hat 8252 French Light Infantry Chasseur Command set. A review of the figures can be seen here on Plastic Soldier Review.


The rules for this duel were sort of:
- Two Napoleonic Figures
- Painted in your own colours
- Based
- With flag


The main colours I used for these figures are purple and yellow for the jacket, green for the trousers, red for the straps. Then some silver and black to finish them. The flag is a bit with the same colours, made of a paperprint.

In fact it was fun painting these, because of "not historical" at all! Just playing with some colours and that's it! I might do some more in the future, when I'm in the mood for it!

I hope you like them.







Also welcome to a new follower:
- TamsinP from a blog called Wargaming Girl. She is member of the famous "Rejects" and at this moment she is a really painting machine! She's taking part in The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge and with a current 8 place on 71 contributors she's doing fantastic!

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

45 opmerkingen:

  1. Splendid, and impressive, colors Peter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Very cool Peter. I neat idea for a duel.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks WarRaptor! Yes it was! Pity it didn't start!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Hola
    Buenas minis,y muy coloridas ese estandarte
    un saludo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Well well Peter! You made history with these two non historical fellows! I like them both very much - splendid detail and very nice choice of colours!!! Greetings!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks RMacedo! I made History? Moi? I don't think so! Murat did!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  5. My word, they are a fabulously colourful pair - grab fun Peter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Great work Peter ! A colorful bunch ! Love the purple & green. Great flag !
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! The purple and green is maybe an idea for your knights!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  7. "Very excellent" !!
    I like the idea and the realisation is perfect !
    a great painting work ! and so colourful ! an eye candy it is, my precioussss !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Pascal! You're giving me to much honour!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  8. With this colours they could be part of the Lilliput Army from Gulliver's Travels!!!
    Very nice colour matching!!!Greedings!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks George! And welcome! A Lilliput army? Could be, but it's mine! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  9. I'm sure Mr Bonaparte would have welcomed these chaps into the French army!! Nice and very colourful work Peter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Ray! I don't know about Mr Napoleon, but I'm sure of Murat! He would have loved these uniforms!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  10. Colourful work Peter. Nicely done mate.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Very impressive. Great job. I like the the way you arranged the colours among each others.

    Greetings
    Hightower

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Great looking "Naps" - who knows, maybe Murat would've come up with these colors :)!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Dean! Yes Murat likes them a lot!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  13. Yip! I like E`m.Very Colourful Peter,even to my Old Eyes. BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. A great idea.
    :) The color saturated private army
    The flag is near the same as the Sami people

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. I like these, good work. And chances are they could be historical as the French, and other armies, were forced to cloth their troops in "cloth of local manufacture."

    One of the reasons I paint Napoleonics is for the spectacle on the tabletop.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mike! Yes the Napoleonic period was very colourfull in uniforms!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  16. Colors match the flags well.
    I follow several of the Rejects - new follower here.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Great work my friend. It is indeed the mounted Infantry of the Duchy of Vlaii Land right??? 2nd Batalion I guess...??
    keep showing more...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Markus! You are completely right! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  18. Nice colors, could be South-American war of independence:-)

    cheers
    Uwe

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Uwe! They could be usefull for that period indeed!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen