My followers

donderdag 10 december 2020

Timpo 9506 Arabs

It took me some time, but finally I could finish these Arabian warriors from Timpo. This was something new for me because I only used a wash for the skin and the gun. All other parts are painted from dark to light, by using different colors or adding a bit of white. I like the end result also after seeing the pictures. I will for sure use this technique on more figures.

I must say that these figures have very nice details. And the sculpting of the clothes helpt a lot to find out what had to be dark and what to be light. As said the brand is Timpo and the figures are 54mm high. Pity that there are only four poses. A few more would have been better.

And now I let the pictures speak for themselves.











I hope you like them, and stay save and healthy!

Now I have to paint someTimpo Foreign Legion as their opponents.

Model on!

13 opmerkingen:

  1. Excellent figures, and very nice painting! I remember having seen one of them when I was young, but they were rather rare (in France), and I didn't know Timpo also released some Foreign Legion soldiers.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Phil. Next year you will see the Foreign Legion figures!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Excellent painting Peter. And the layering technique used very good! I had (and have) some of these Timpo Solids but never had any of the Arabs ( at least not damaged..) I have painted sometimes the French Foreign legion that Philotep says above. If you find them they can be a great opponent for your display :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks George. I have the Foreign Legion figures and they will be painted next year.

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Looking good, you paint a lot in one month 🙈

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Excellent paint-job Peter !
    Glad to see you paint & blog again ! Keep up the great work !
    Greetings & stay safe !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! Painting never stopped, but I was to lazy to post them here.

      Verwijderen