My followers

vrijdag 4 november 2011

Imex Lord Cornwallis

I finally managed to paint the first extra figure of this set. They were sended to me by Pete from Tabakskollegium-Mekelnborg as a gift. And I would like to thank him again for that. Only thing he asked was that I should paint them and then make a little dio with them, making some pictures and send them to him. So this post is just to show him that I'm making some progress.

Now about the figure. I thought it would be nice to paint him like Lord Cornwallis, so I did. You can read some more about him here (wiki page).

It was hard to remove the mold lines, and I didn't manage to remove them all. When they made this figure the molds didn't fit right in my opinion. I started to paint him with a white undercoat, and then a layer of GW Gryphonne Sepia wash. This I always do when I have to paint some parts white. I do that with a drybrush, so the deeper parts have some shade. You can also do that with a grey wash, like I did on the horse. Further colors I used are red, blue, black antracite, tar black and gold (and some others, I think :-D).

Here are the pictures:





Hope you like him.

I took the following picture as a sample:



Also welcome to the new followers:
- Erwin from Soldados Viejos
- scotty (sorry mate but I couldn't find a blog in your profile. If you have one, just let me know)

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

And tommorrow I'm at CRISIS, Antwerp, Belgium!!!!!

16 opmerkingen:

  1. Lord Cornwallis looks dignified and dandy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That is a lovely looking figure, I especially like the way you have painted the horse-very convincing finish.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Very good Peter! (but it's always the same!)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. They look incredible. Too bad I suck hard at painting, whether they are models or not.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Great painting Peter, I'm sure Pete will be pleased with the results!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. I like it. As Matt said, the horse is just great; so is the rider.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Great work Peter. Really like your work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Excellent gray horse! Lord there is nothing missing. I greet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Thanks for the kind words friends!

    @Pascal: what do you mean with it's always the same? ;-)

    @Puszkin: Gray? then I did a bad job. It's supposed to be a white one :-D (Bad picture)

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Very nice job mate.I am glad you got those extra figures in the end.

    Cheers Rich.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Yes, very pleased indeed. They should have seen how I had it before.

    He means he always says the same thing, very good, because of his limited English superlatives, not being a native language, such as stupendously good, etc, most likely.

    Maybe I should put up more pictures and then we will have something to compare, so we can use the bigger superlatives on yours.

    I just had a Polish guy, last night, northern I think, so most southern Polish would disown him anyway telling me I was mispronouncing words in Polish so I am always amazed how well people express themselves in English as it is.

    Sorry I am late, but was caught up running my Chess Team, the Capone Outfit out of Chicago, we have had some challenges and have to fight them, and since I am the Capo, and the Nemesis is the Consigliere, we were pretty busy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Thanks Rich, Fran and Pete!

    @Pete: I hope your Don was pleased with the result :-D I didn't mention that I had to strip of some paint and degrease them before painting, because this went very easy ;-) Thanks again mate!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen