With not more as four weeks to go to the event at Arnhem, it's about time I can finish my little part of the groupe build project. So I worked a bit harder and now I can say that the tank and the figures are finished.
First the tank. In the next pictures you will see that I have put the tank together and placed the decals. I arranged the hatch of the turret by cutting in two. Tanktracks were painted with Revell Rust and GW Boltgun Metal and put in place before glueing the parts together.
In my younger years I would have been pleased with this result and would have started with another project. And as I'm still young..... I thank you for watching! See you next time!
Are you still there?
Well okay! I will go on. Next thing I did was adding a black wash mixed with more water. I didn't want to see to much black on the model. After that I brushed the model very heavy with Tamiya Weatherine Master Gray and Mud. Now it is finished and the result you can see here.
Now the tank looks used and not new from the factory. You might see that I didn't paint the little details on the tank, but I saw no need for that because I will placing the figures on that place.
And that's where we arrive on the figures. I painted seven in total and they will all get a place on that tank. I have four figures left from the sprue (total of 11 figures) but I will not use them here. That means I will have to do another tank somewhere in the future.
I've painted the figures very simple. The main colors are Revell Olive Brown and Beige and finished with a GW Sepia Wash. Skin is painted with GW Elf Flesh and a GW Flesh Wash. The guns are painted with Revell Brown and GW Boltgun Metal finished with a GW Mud Wash! Shoes with Revell Dark Brown.
Now I must start working on the groundwork. I still have to paint the barrier and then I will place everything on the base to see if everything fits well on it. But that is for my next post on this project. The last one I hope. Keep watching!
Welcome to my blog!!!!!