My followers

woensdag 25 mei 2016

Italeri 6006 Russian Grenadiers Part 1

In my previous post I told you that I have to blame someone for painting this figures. But I mean it in a good way! In fact I had one of these on the painting desk for a very long time. Now she, yes it is a she, pushed me to paint him. As I need four figures for a stand I took three others out of the box and painted them.
 
 
Who is this she? Well it's Tamsin as the "Wargaming Girl" from the Rejects. It was in this post at her blog that she pushed me: here! Just have a look at the comments and you see what I mean. But I have to thank her, now the first ones are painted, I have the next four on the table. Thanks Tamsin!
 
 




 
 
 
I also have to thank her for something else. Some time ago she did a giveaway for her 4th blogiversary and 500K hits. I was so Lucky to win one of the prices of the drawing wich can be seen here! I won a very nice collection of 15 mm pirates. Now I have to find out what the best way is to paint 15 mm figures!
 
I borrowed this picture from Tamsin her blog!
Thank you very much for the figures Tamsin!
 
Well that's it for now. Now I'm going back to the painting table! There are some more figures asking for some paint!
 
 
Welcome to my blog!!!!!
 

47 opmerkingen:

  1. Great work Peter ! Very nice !
    Congratz on winning the giveaway. I'm looking forward to see the other 4.
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! The other four are in progress!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Wonderful job Peter, the gentle push got you off to a great start - fabulous prize too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Michael! Yes it did and it is a great prize!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. I'm very happy to accept the blame for you painting such lovely grenadiers Peter :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Tamsin! I knew you would accept! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. hooray for the Russians! Such lovely colours

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! More to come! Hopefully next month!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  5. Great stuff Peter! Can't wait to see your 15mm painting too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks WarRaptor! Not to quick with those 15mm. First I have to clear some things from the painting table!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. Man you are active on the moment, great work again, and getting smaller I see as well, now you got15mm on your painting desk, watch out cause next step will be 6mm !!!
    But first let us enjoy these grenadiers, wonderful job!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Remco! A man has to do something when he is recovering! There isn't much else to do! I still have some 6 mm lying around here. I might give them another go later on this year!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  7. Great job Peter. Peter Pig´s figures are a joy to paint. I have their ACW artillery and some civilians.

    V.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Vladimir! I found the civilians on your blog but not the ACW artillery! Are you planning them in the near future!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  8. Lovely work Peter!

    Greetings
    Hightower

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Nice work Peter, the only way to paint 15mm figures is...with a brush, nice and easy. It is not that different from the true and only scale my friend ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Sander! Oh is it so simple? I will give it a try later on this year!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  10. Very nice Peter. They look very uniform well done.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Absolutely splendid uniforms! And the faces are perfect! Cheers!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks RMacedo! Just some simple GW Elf Flesh and Ogryn Flesh Wash to get this result!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  12. Yes Peter,you seem to have a very active paint brush again,which is great for everyone gets to see lots of your figures marching off your painting table. As for painting smaller figures just use a bigger brush,and they will be finished very quickly indeed.
    Nice work on all those classic marching fellows. BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! A bigger brush for smaller figures? Now that's an idea! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen