My followers

donderdag 10 mei 2012

Caesar H058 Modern US Elite Force

What you're seeing here is a test. I've painted this figure because someone asked me to do a modern vignette/diorama. It's supposed to be a figure for the Iraq war. The only thing is, I'm not sure if I used the right colors and camo scheme.

So I could use some advice, comments, critic, or whatever to know if I did the right thing on this figure. A review of the set can be seen here. I also would like to thank Paul from Paul's Bods for his help finding a picture of the uniform (uniform picture can be seen here). Thanks mate! I hope I copied it well?




Colours used (Revel = R; Games Workshop = GW):
- R05 White
- GW23 Elf Flesh
- GW Ogryn Flesh Wash
- GW Kommando Khaki
- R85 Brown
- R06 Tar Black
- R87 Earth Brown
- GW Gryphonne Sepia Wash

Currently painting: To many things at the same moment!

Currently reading: No time at this moment!

I won a PRICE!!!!!!

Welcome to my blog!!!!!

13 opmerkingen:

  1. right you have put me to shame and I am currently involved heavily in moderns

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow! That looks splendid to me, spot on Peter and incredible detail at this scale.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. no critic, no advice, just it looks good...
    (and Congrats for the PRICE !!!)


    ****I'm-not-a-robot-I'm-not-a-robot-I'm-not-a-robot****

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Awesome details, I like it (still need to improve my patience AND painting to achieve such). Congrats on the prize.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat kan ik hier nog over vermelden,gewoon schitterend geschilderd Peter...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hello Peter,
    Excellent work on the paint job - I wish I could paint as good as you!
    Are you modeling troops from the 1991 Gulf War or from Operation Iraqi Freedom?

    The camo scheme you have painted on matched the famous "chocolate chip camo" that US Troops wore for desert operations in the 1980s and 90s.

    During the 2003 invasion of iraq, US Army units wore a new scheme called "DCU" or desert combat uniform. This was essentially tan, brown, and a light sage with no black or white on it anymore. A good link for it can be found here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Battle_Dress_Uniform

    The DCU camo from Operation Iraqi Freedom is lighter than the chocolate chip camo. A good pic can be found here:

    http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-977248/stock-photo-real-u-s-army-shirt-this-is-the-camouflage-pattern-worn-in-the-desert-this-served-in-iraq-rank.html

    One more thing to consider is the body armor. Caesar is excellent as they accurately portray modern US and NATO kit in terms of the vests and small arms protective ensemble.
    Having worn almost all of the kit at one point myself in Iraq, I can tell you that Caesar is very accurate!

    Unfortunately I don't use Caesar troops for my 1991 actions because they are literally too modern-looking! I only use them for post 2003 Iraq wargaming.

    Excellent work painting!

    Steve

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Steven for the information and the links. I've got some old Esci figures on the table now.

      Greetings
      Peter
      http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

      Verwijderen
  7. As Steven said it's the famous "chocolate chip camo" and very nicely done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Very good. I find camo always hard to get right

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Thank you all for the kind comments!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen