My followers

woensdag 29 november 2023

Elastolin Cowboy 6985 (Copy)

Here is a copy of an Elastolin Cowboy that I painted. The figure reminds me on Gary Cooper in the movie "High Noon". The Elastolin figures were figures I could only see behind glass in the toyshop when I was young. They were much to expensive for one figure, and I don't know what people pay for this kind of figures this day, but I don't think it has changed.

Anyhow it was fun painting this figure. The figure is a bit bigger as 54 mm but not that much that wouldn't go together with my other 54 mm figures. And as Always painted with acrylic paint. I hope you like him. 





Here you can see the original figure in a picture of a catalogue. I have some more of these figures, copies of course, and one day I will paint them.


Some posters of the movies that I used for my inspiration. Wiki page High Noon







And of course I couldn't resist to make a black and white picture!


Thanks for watching! 

Painted in 2023

- 20 mm:

    - Figures: 2

    - Horses: 8

    - Cannons: 0

    - Wagons: 2

- 28 mm

    - Figures: 1

- 54 mm

    - Figures: 54




6 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Peter! I love this fig. I know very little about Elastolin, but I sometimes see these figs on sale, I confirm that they are still very expensive :) Your painting job is superb, and I would really like to know you recipe for black clothes, particularly well made on this figure.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Phil. It is quite easy to get this result. Paint the figure black and then do a drybrush with a grey color. This one had only one color of grey, but sometimes I start from dark to light grey. It depends on the details and the surface of the figure. The plague doctor from Speira is painted that way. https://peterscave.blogspot.com/2022/01/speira-miniatures-plague-doctor.html#comment-form
      I hope this information was helpful for you Phil.
      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello Peter, great figure and painting although I would have painted in full black, grey and white like in the picture :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Javier. Don't tell it further but I colorised some pictures from the picture and told you all that I painted a figure. ;-D
      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen