My followers

zondag 12 juni 2022

Asterix and the "vlaai"!

It could have been the title of a new Asterix adventure, but it isn't. It just the contribution I made for the multiple figures painting competition at the FIGZ meeting, of which the pictures can be seen in my previous post.

This is something that started years ago, and now it is a tradition at the meeting that I bring "Limburgse vlaai" as a tractation to the organisation and contributors of the meeting. the "vlaaien" are made of green stuff by my good friend Dirk in 2015 but he couldn't paint them in time so he gave them to me. Finally this year I found the right inspiration to do something with them and with the bubble gum Asterix figures I've been given by my other great friend Remco, I had the perfect combination. And the result can be seen here. Pity enough no prize with this work but it was fun doing it. I hope you like it to!








Thanks Dirk for making these "vlaaien" and thank you Remco for organising a day full of fun! 

Oh and if you are wondering where that Asterix is, well he is hunting wild boars together with Obelix, otherwise there would be no "vlaai" to show, because Obelix could have eaten them! :-D


Painted in 2022:

- 20 mm:

    - Figures: 50

    - Horses: 4

    - Cannons: 2

    - Wagons: 1

- 28 mm

    - Figures: 5

- 54 mm

    - Figures: 6

5 opmerkingen:

  1. For me this was the winner, but I wasn't in the jury unfortunately.
    This entry gave me a big smile, an amazing what you have made here.
    I like to make something different with these figures, especially when I have so much of them. But this idea is really fantastic, I hope more inspiration will follow. Thanks for the smile, and you really made my day on FIGZ 2022! All other years you make it special with vlaai, but this year... SUBERBE my friend!
    Thanks again!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sorry to be so late on this one, but I must say that it really made me laugh! The Vlaii bearers are indeed the elite of the famous small Gallic village that still resists the Roman invaders :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Goddam, the security made me anonymous in the comment just above :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Nice post thank you David

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen